Real Reviews from Our Customers
Air Duct Repair & Replacement in San Diego
All buildings with air conditioning or forced-air heating systems have a ductwork system made of supply and return ducts. Supply ducts convey air that has been conditioned to your living space, and return ducts move the air back to your AC system for reconditioning.
When to Call a Professional
As a rule of thumb, if your ducts have stayed for years without maintenance, they need to be inspected by a reputable ducts repair firm. In addition, if you note any of the following in your home, call us and claim your first time, free, duct-work inspection:
- Winter and summer energy bills spike.
- Rooms that’re hard to cool or heat.
- Stuffy rooms that doesn’t feel comfortable.
- Tangled or kinked ducts in your home.
The Cost of Defects in Your Ductwork
1. HIGH ENERGY BILLS
Well, ducts do a great job keeping our attic cool during the hot summers, but according to information given by the U.S. Department of Energy, “In typical buildings, 20% to 30% of the air that’s carried through the ducts system is lost through poorly connected ducts, leaks, and holes in the system.” What’s worse; leaks and holes in the duct system contaminate your indoor air with toxins, dust, and mold, posing serious health hazards. These contaminants also cause your air conditioning unit to work harder, resulting in a decrease in the useful life of the unit and high power bills.
Attic Construction is a full-services attic care firm offering air ducts repair services, and radiant barrier installation to both homeowners and businesses. Request a free inspection today!
2. HEALTH PROBLEMS
Allergic reactions are common health problems caused by leaky ductwork systems. Others include headaches, stuffy nose, and the general cold symptoms which together make sleeping a big challenge. Serious lung problems can also arise if you consistently inhale the mold coming to your living space through a leaky duct system.
Benefits of Investing in Air Duct Repair
A well designed and properly maintained duct system makes your building energy efficient, more comfortable and safer. Here are the specific benefits of investing in professional air ducts repair services:
1. IMPROVED AIR QUALITY
Fumes from garden and household chemicals, dust, and insulation particles can find their way in and out of your defective duct system, aggravating allergy and asthma problems. Ducts repair improves your living space air by lowering the risk of contaminants finding their way and circulating in your home.
2. MORE COMFORT
Air ducts repair and sealing alleviate common comfort concerns such as rooms that are too cold and/or too hot during the winter.
Appliances in your home such as water heaters, clothes dryers, furnaces, and gas appliances release combustible gases such as carbon monoxide via their ventilation systems. With a leaky duct work, back drafting – a process that draws these gases back to your home, rather than letting them escape to the outdoor – may occur. Air ducts repair lowers this risk.
4. SAVE MONEY
A ducts repair can save you up to 20% of your energy bills. It can also allow you to use a smaller cooling and heating system meaning more saving.
5. GO GREEN
The energy we use in our home is sometimes generated by the burning of fossil fuels in power plants, which creates smog, climate change, and acid rain. In simple words, the less energy you consume in your home, the lower is your carbon fingerprint. By investing in regular Air ducts repair and duct cleaning, you will reduce the energy required to comfortably cool your attic, and thus, be a great friend of Mother Nature.
How to Boost Your Duct System Performance – DIY Tips
Typically, we tend to ignore things we cannot see, and ductwork certainly fits in this category. Ducts are hidden in your attic, under the floors, and in your house, but despite the fact that you don’t see them very often, air ducts play a crucial role in cooling or heating air throughout your work or living space. Therefore, it’s beneficial to include an Air ducts repair when scheduling general maintenance work in your house. But do you know there are a lot of DIY tips that can help you improve the efficiency of your duct system and reduce the number of ducts repair that you need. Here are the top 3:
- Inspect all ducts in your attic and crawl space to ensure no breakage or rodent damage
- Insulate all ducts that you can easily access such as those in your attic, unfinished basements, crawlspaces, and garages.
- Ensure connections at the register are well-sealed where they meet the walls, ceiling, and floors. These are common locations where you can find disconnected ducts and leaks.
- Clean Your Ducts Regularly – It’s not uncommon to find several inches of grime accumulated inside the duct system of old homes. This results from not scheduling ductwork cleaning for prolonged periods. Besides contaminating the air getting into your home, dirt corrodes your duct system and eventually creating holes and leaks.
However, if the problems in your ductwork persist, it’s best to work with a professional contractor. Ideally, Call Us! We have years of solid experience repairing ducts The moment you choose us for your duct repair, duct installation or duct replacement project, you can rest assured that:
- Our workers are hand-picked from the best and have the highest level of experience in ductwork, competence, and courtesy.
- We never charge any un-agreed charge – our initial quote is always all-inclusive.
- And yes! We have established relationships with duct manufacturers that allow us to give you unbeatable prices.
Our ductwork repair and duct work services include:
- Free duct system inspection and a free quote
- Duct repair
- Duct replacement
We also offer Radiant Barrier installations!
Request a Free Attic Inspection Today
We offer a free attic inspection with absolutely NO STRINGS ATTACHED. Request an appointment to have one of our technicians come to your residence and do a complete inspection today.